Effective Date: March 12, 2020
2. Information Collection. Blockit and third parties on Blockit’s behalf use various information collection and tracking technologies, including without limitation web server logs, cookies, web beacons, tokens and web analytics tools, to collect, store, analyze, use, and disclose information from and about Users’ devices, Users’ activities on the Blockit Services, and Users’ activities on the Internet. This information is collected in order to:
A. facilitate access to the Blockit Services;
B. offer a personalized experience when visiting the Blockit Services;
C. deliver the services requested;
D. manage User accounts and provide Users with customer support;
E. perform research and analysis about the use of, or interest in, Blockit products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by third parties;
F. communicate by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to Users, either from Blockit or other third parties;
G. track Users' use of the Blockit Services and advertisements;
H. develop, deliver, and display targeted content and advertising on the Blockit Services and other websites;
I. measure the effectiveness of online advertising, content, programming or other activities;
K. process payment for services through the Blockit Services;
L. protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
M. perform functions as otherwise needed to manage Blockit's business; and
N. perform functions as otherwise described to Users at the time of collection.
4. Choices Available to Users. Users can choose not to provide certain User Information, but the failure to provide certain User Information may result in the User being unable to use certain features of the Blockit Services. Users can correct, delete inaccuracies, change or remove account information at any time by adjusting the User profile.
Additionally, Users may choose to reject “cookies” or disable mobile device identifiers. While Users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers from Blockit, if you block or reject them you may not have access to all Blockit Services.
6. Disclosures to Medical Service Providers. Blockit may share User Information with Medical Service Providers with whom the User chooses to schedule appointments. This information may include, but is not limited to, completed medical history forms, demographic information, and other information needed by Medical Service Providers to enable them to provide services to you or to refer you to and make appointments with other Medical Service Providers on your behalf. Blockit may also share your User Information with Health Information Exchanges, Regional health Information Organizations, and other organizations that facilitate access to health information to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of health care.
10. Security Measures. Blockit uses reasonable security measures to protect User Information, including without limitation Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for sensitive User Information such as financial or medical information. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, Blockit does not represent or warrant that User Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. All User Information is provided at User's own risk. Blockit expressly disclaims any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by other Users or third parties with respect to such User Information.
11. Third Party Websites. The Blockit Services may contain third party advertising and links to third party websites. Blockit is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. Blockit expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases Blockit from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to third party advertisers and/or the use of links to third party websites that may appear on the Blockit Services, including without limitation such websites' availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
12. Electronic Communications from Blockit. By using the Blockit Services, Users consent to Blockit and/or third parties acting on behalf of Blockit sending to User electronic messages relating to the Blockit Services and the business of Blockit. Users may choose whether to receive communications from Blockit or third parties with whom Blockit has a commercial relationship by adjusting the User profile. Users who need assistance opting out of communications can contact Blockit at email@example.com. Users will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail sent by Blockit, to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future using the link at the bottom of the email, although Users may not opt-out of receiving administrative emails. It may take up to ten (10) days to process an opt-out request. Opting out of Blockit communications will not automatically opt User out of third-party linked websites.
13. Public Information. Any User Information disclosed in public areas of the Blockit Services, such as message boards, becomes publicly-available information, and Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose such User Information publicly and comply with the requirements of the Acceptable Use Policy. Blockit expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases Blockit from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by Users with respect to such User Information. To request removal of User Information from Blockit's public areas, contact Blockit at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, Blockit may not be able to remove User Information, in which case Blockit will let User know if and why it is unable to do so.
14. Protection of Children's Privacy. The Blockit Services are not developed for or directed at children. Therefore, Blockit does not intend to collect information directly from individuals under 18 years of age or who have not been legally emancipated. Information may be collected from an adult User who is using the Blockit Services to schedule appointments for minors for whom the User is the custodial parent or legal guardian, and by using the Blockit Services in this manner, the User understands and agrees that Blockit will collect certain information about the minor necessary to provide the Blockit Services. If it is discovered that Blockit has inadvertently collected information from an individual not meeting these requirements, Blockit will promptly take all reasonable measures to delete that data from databases and systems.
15. Disclaimer of GDPR Applicability. Blockit is not subject to regulation under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”). Therefore, even if the User is a resident of the European Union or the European Economic Area and Blockit may have information about the User that is the type of information subject to the GDPR, the GDPR is not applicable to Blockit or to Blockit’s relationship with the User.
16. Disclaimer of CCPA Applicability. Blockit is not subject to regulation under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”). Therefore, even if you are a California resident and Blockit may have personal information about the User that is the type of information subject to the CCPA, the CCPA is not applicable to Blockit or to Blockit’s relationship with the User.